Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Solomon!

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Solomon!
Pearl Bates Solomon
Born October 16th, 1919

I would like to express my gratitude to a special lady in my life. I was blessed to have my Grandma Solomon live just down the hill from me, to sit with her every Sunday at church, and to spend some good times at her house. Few things I remember about Grandma Solomon's was sharp cheese, homemade macaroni and cheese, saltine crackers, and of course fresh squeezed lemonade with fresh mint from the garden!! Grandma always had cheese and crackers for us. I also remember watching nickelodeon at Grandma's and how I was so lucky when I did because we didn't have cable tv at home. We also spent many afternoons watching "The Music Man" because Grandma didn't really collect movies. And I will admit that when it came time to go to the bathroom, if I could, I would make an excuse to go home because I never liked Grandma's bathroom. It had too many daddy long legs!

But my Grandma is a special lady! She is a modern day pioneer! The more stories I hear about her the greater my pride swells in being her granddaughter. Being widowed at a young age and raising 8 kids by herself was no easy task but she did it. I love hearing her testimony. She has shown me that life is not easy but with the Lord it is made easier.

The rest of this blog is pictures from Grandma's PaRtY! It was not an easy task for her to sit but I know she enjoyed every minute of the party. It was great to see her smile :) (For those family members who would like copies of the pictures please let me know. I can either burn a cd, email, or whatever for you. Email me at haniesstep@hotmail.com.)

Grandma w/7 of 8 kids


Chantelle and Karen Godfrey, Grandma, Aunt Bobby Sue, and Uncle Gary

Grandson David, Great Grandsons Kyler and Braiden




My Fam

Heather, Grandma, Jonathan

Brad, Grandma, Uncle Carvel, and Aunt Cleone

Grandma and I

Jason and Tiffany Owen Fam

My nephews Kyler and Devrin with me

Franco's and Grandma

Uncle Bill and Aunt Rita's Clan
Okay, for all those who attended you know that I took a lot more pics but blogspot is giving my trouble so just email me and I will send pictures to you. Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: