Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Camping Adventures

I seriously cannot remember the last time I went camping. I have wanted to go for several years but plans never came together until this past Labor Day weekend. I gave my self a pat on the back when I returned home because I did pretty good with no shower for several days. It could have been worse if we didn't have a trailer with a toilet (because I do have to have my modern day plumbing).

I have to express thanks for all my family for pulling together and making this weekend happen. I had a wonderful time and can't wait till we can go again. The only downfall of the weekend was the rain (but it was actually pretty nice, keep it cool) and that my sister-in-law broke her leg in two spots right above the ankle. We pray for her to have a speedy recovery...and no surgery...

We camped in a wonderful spot, an open meadow big enough for us to play tree golf, set up a volleyball net, and play kickball. My brother invited a friend's family from the valley to join us and I have to say the meshed in well. No one was strangers but for a few seconds and from then on it was like we were great friends.



One thing I remember about camping when I was little was riding the "tree horse." Unfortunately since I have grown since last time I camped I was not able to show my inner campin' cowgirl but the kids had a great time.


Braiden Riding the Tree Horse - We prepare for the worst...

Now before you judge me on the mess of my pants, let me explain...okay?...It was dark, I was stuck, and I had no way out...That's true but probably still not what you think. My brothers took those who wanted to and could to a cave near our campsite (even though it took us about 30 mins to find it). The cave was awesome!! (Doesn't beat the salt mine in Salzburg because they had a slide, but I did slide everywhere in the cave. Seriously it was about a 1/2 mile worth of up and down hills of slippery mud. Boy was it a thigh workout! Not only do you have to squat-walk for about 100 feet in the beginning but you have to step up on 2 feet steps of slimey mud. It was awesome. I didn't have a flashlight, which I will definitely have next time I go, because it was darker than dark. We turned out all the lights when we were at the end and you couldn't see your hand at all right in front of your eyes. Scary but awesome!


All in all the trip was great! I had a wonderful time forming the memories that I now have. Thank you family!...Hope to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Aunt Bec said...

Oh... The good old cave. I think I have been going in that thing since I could walk. I am glad you had fun! Hope all is well with you, let me know about the job!