Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Graduation Day!

HALLELUJAH! LET THE CHORUS SING PRAISES! I, STEPHANIE S., HAVE COMPLETED MY BACHELOR'S DEGREE! Who would've ever thought?!?!


Unfortunately I do still have 2 weeks to go technically with my student teaching but officially NAU will pass me and give me a diploma. JOYOUS! AMAZING! WAHOO!!!

Just a little plug for my personal benefit so read if you want --> I want to thank some people for their support and encouragement over the last 8 years. (Sad but true eh?) In no particular order...
  • Grandma and Grandpa Rowley - I know you were always there for me and encouraged me to go forth. In my years in the valley, I know I couldn't have made it without my "Ivory Keys" and other means (I can't wait to touch a piano when I get home). Love ya and thanks SO MUCH!
  • Monique -- You are weird Moneeka! You know why? Because you hired me! I mean I hid in closets and under desks, asked "Who's coming?", and I eat meat! I do want to thank you for those understanding times when I first started out when I needed time off for family. You don't know how much I was blessed to have you as an employer AND as a friend.
  • Girls at Mesa #5 - Sara, Tara, Debbie - What can I say than thanks for listening to me and helping out when I needed help. You probably were the ones that saw me the most during my college work. It's hard to think its been 2(+) years. Thanks for the laughter!
  • The Best Siblings in the WORLD!!!!! (+ in-laws) - I know we have all been through a lot the last few years but I knew if I ever needed help or a blessing I knew you guys would be there in seconds. You would let me vent and then kick me back into gear. I only hope I was there for you. Thanks for being who you are!

  • Marmee & Daddy Roy - Okay so this one is in a particular order because I am saving the best for last. You guys are some of the toughest people I know. It has been the weirdest last few years and I know I really didn't have much to complain about considering what you guys have been through but you still let me cry and vent over 'burnt cookies'. All in all, you always point out to me to turn to my Heavenly Father. You put me on my knees when I needed to be. You always reminded me who I am and that nothing is impossible; that I should go forth and do my best. I truely hope I have made you proud. I HEART YOU!

I know there are more of all you amazing souls I know. Some I have known for months, 1 or 2 years, or my whole life. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, church leaders, teachers, and the man at the corner: Thanks! Please know that I want to list all but blogspot only allows so much MB before their site breaks down. :)

I AM GRADUATED!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats, Steph!!! That's an awesome accomplishment... and you got to end it with a fabulous adventure clear across the world! Hope you have a safe trip home! I always feel better when all the fam is IN the country!:)

Deb N Stu said...

Congratulations Stephanie! You are an amazing person. You finished your degree, you were working full time for most of it, but you never gave up. I can't wait to see you when you get home!

Lorraine said...

Ok, I'm wiping the tears. I'm so proud of you I could bust. I will miss our "on line" talks most everyday. I now wish you the best in living the rest of your life and may many kids be blessed by your teaching and love for them. Look out world, here comes Stephanie!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!