Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Not Over Till the Fat Plane Leaves!

I'm leaving on an airplane,

Don't know when I'll be back again.

Oh hey, I hate to go.

It's been a joy to be here,

Don't worry I didn't drink any beer,

Oh, I really hate to go.

'Cause I'm leaving on an airplane!


I may have only 2 days, YES 2 days left of student teaching; however, adventures await me around every corner. Even though I am dreading the next 48 hours because I know it is the end of my duty here it's a moment in my life to celebrate. I am no longer an undergraduate!! Yeah that's right, I'm an top now!! - I just hope that I am on top when it comes to applications, resume, and interviews :). Yep, I official submitted the first completed app today. I'll submit hopefully another one tonight.

I'm going to miss each and every one of the kids! Even those 'sweet' ones ;). All the students have made it hard the last week or two because they keep reminding of my short time left here by saying, "Why do you have to leave?" I guess this is just the beginning of all the ends I will face. (But in a way I will never see most of these kids. Just a downfall to overseas teaching - but still worth it!)

Each time I walk to the train and ride it home I cherish it because it could be my last ride. But then I tell myself that I still have some traveling to do after student teaching so I don't get all choked up.

To give you a little look into my 'daily' life here in Germany I thought I would give you a peek at the dear house that has been my home the last 4 months. That is the first picture in this posting. Second picture is a view from the front steps (but really the back steps-another contrast to German construction) overlooking the meadow as a train drives by. I think I am good to say that a train goes by every 7-10 minutes during the day and maybe 20-30 minutes at night. Duetschebahn definitely keeps those tracks hot.

The next picture is shot from in front of the Bruckencenter (mall) in Ansbach. The bridge is a pedestrian bridge that crosses the highway into old Ansbach. If you look closely you can see the steeple of a church and I have to say that my timing was perfect because I was able to also capture a smartcar. Europeans love to be eco-friendly.

To end this blog I want to just post a 'good' picture of me that also reflects the greenery of beautiful Germany. One day I was walking downtown Ansbach and made my way to the Orangerie. The Orangerie is where the house citrus plants during the winter so they could have citrus fruit year round. The grounds of the Orangerie is also home to beautiful paths with gorgeous, luscious trees and open fields of wild flowers. It was a beautiful day and so I was able to capture a beautiful moment at the Orangerie. Can you understand now why it is so hard for me to leave on that airplane?

No comments: