Monday, October 20, 2008

YiPeE for mE!!!!!

Do you know how long a month is? Besides the 'sunday school answer' of 30 or 31 days except for February which has 28 or 29 days depending on whether it is leap year or not. Or 744 hours or 44,640 minutes or 2, 678, 400 seconds - really what is a month?? Here is what a month is...

An everlasting, black hole which conceals every movement into a canister the size of a pinky finger and goes on and on and on and on with no way of nowing when this black canister is going to end. Okay so I am not the best metaphorical master but that is what comes to my mind. Now the next question, why would I share with you this meaning of 'month'. Well a month ago today, Sept 20th, I entered a testing room at Gilbert High School to take the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment (AEPA). I was locked in a classroom with no electronic device that would get me out in an emergency, the emergency being a brain-attack or complete exhaustion. It was just me, 10 pencils, 1 eraser, 1 bottle of yucky water, a bubble sheet, and test booklet. (I void out the others taking the test because I could not even concentrate on them.) For three hours I was flashing back to every past moment of my education courses over the last 8 yrs. I KNOW my brain had never worked so hard. Ms. Cunningham's AP Seniors English final wouldn't have even come close to the pain and suffering my poor brain cells had to go through for this test. My synapses have never snapped in such fashion or cleaned off so many dusty shelves in the 'long-term memory' department. I'm telling you this was the bar exam for teachers. Not fun!

Well, today is October 20th, a month later and I have finally found the end to this black hole canister that my brain has been concealed in. I have received word that I PASSED the AEPA test. I CAN NOW OFFICIALLY BE A TEACHER in the state of AZ!! - I still have 8 weeks of school left this semester and my student teaching (which I still have not received word on where I am going) but I know I will pass the rest of the schoolwork so I am in good shape!

I dedicate my sucess for this test to Mozart, bananas, Moki's chicken katsu and a mighty brain who stayed with me throughout the whole 3 most agonizing hours of my life yet. YiPeE for mE!!

4 comments:

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

YEAH! You are so awesome. You've been so dedicated and focused and now you get to relax and enjoy the benefits. Good for you!

Zonnie said...

Cue the band...light the fireworks and drop the confetti! Hooray for STEPHANIE!!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

YAY!! Congratulations!! That has got to be a huge burden off of your shoulders to be Official!! I'm right there with Zonnie @ the party celebrating for you!!


...if only you could see the endzone dance we have going on out here!!

Deb N Stu said...

Oh yeah, you passed! you rock! I heard that was a hard test to pass. Congratulations!