Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ich Bin Gestellt Worden!

I love mail!! It is just a wonderful, joyous, exciting, ecstatic, time when you receive something just for you. I have to say that it is more exciting than email. Yes, I check my email everyday, sometimes several times and I get excited when I have something there to tell me about how you guys are doing but its not the same as getting a personal handwritten or typed letter from the good ol' post office. (I know run on sentence there). This week has definitely been no exception. I have received gift after gift from the pony express. First I received notice that I passed my AEPA test for teacher certification and today I received this...




I have received my placement to do my student teaching in Ansbach, Germany in a 4th grade classroom! I am very excited for this! I still cannot believe that I will be leaving my little town of Taylor and entering the unknown world of Germany. The adventures that await me in the classroom and outside the classroom are just too amazing to even grasp. I can't wait to get in the classroom and work hard and put to work my pedagogy (<--means pretty much your teaching philosophy - nothing like a little new vocab every once in awhile eh? Now try to pronounce it...). And I can't wait to get out and really 'see the world'! Germany holds SO much history along with its many neighboring countries. Prague is 3 1/2 hours away, Paris 6 1/2 hours, Rome 10 hours, Berlin 7 hours, Munich 2 hours...and the list goes on. Of course these are driving time so probably riding time will be shorter on the Metro (european train system).


This will definitely be a time in my life that I cannot and will not forget. I plan on forming memories to last a lifetime (sigh-ahhh). All I can say is bring on the German Chocolate Cake! I am ready for it!!! (so much for a diet eh?!)

P.S. Anyone know German????!???!!!?

4 comments:

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. And German Chocolate is SOOO GOOD! (Jonathan sent me some the last time he had a layover there.) You are going to be a great teacher.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

YAY!! I can't wait till you get over there and start getting to know the culture!! Do you know any of the details when you leave or anything? Those little Deutschland kids are going to be so lucky to have you!!

Aunt Bec said...

Congrats Steph - It was good to talk to you last night, sorry my phone is a piece of junk. I hope you had a happy birthday anyway. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Zonnie said...

Congrats again Steph!!! That is awesome!!! You are so lucky...the only one I can think of is Mr. Hansen (Anne's dad, music teacher) served his mission in Germany if I remember correctly...maybe he can shed some light on any questions you have...GOOD LUCK!