Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Dream Come True!!


It's not a snow-white fairy tale dream that came true but this is pretty big to me. Last March I went to this meeting about setting up my student teaching for this coming Spring semester. I was sitting in the meeting, listening to the presenters about this and that, talking about all the paper work I would have to complete and lo and behold I heard "DoDDS program...You go to Europe and do your student teaching on an American military base." Boy did I about jump out of my seat. I thought to myself "How cool would that be! I have saved for years to go to Europe but how awesome would it be to go there AND do my student teaching!" The more and more I listened the more I had a feeling that this is what I needed to do. It did take a little bit of push and support from Lynell and my parents, but I have now gone through my interview with NAU and luckily they have selected me, Yes me, to be a part of this awesome program. Some stuff is still in the works but come January, I am 99.92435783214837% give or take a few millionths sure that I will fly to Germany, Italy, or England and teach kids on an American military base! Europe...Here I Come!!!!

4 comments:

Bethany Jane said...

LUCKY!!!!!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

YEAH!! I actually have friends in Italy so if you go there I'll have to get you in contact with them. I can't wait to hear where you will be. Congrats!

Aunt Bec said...

I was just telling Beth that I can still fit in a suit case, and I promise I will be good. Do you remember that? I think you were there when Shell & I had to see if I could fit in the suitcase. I am so exited for you, and a lot a bit jelous. When will you leave?

Krista said...

CongratS! That is amazing! You lucky girl! YOu better be careful! When do you leave how long will you be over there? CRAZY, but so EXCITING!