Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Last Post of 2009

I cannot believe that 2009 is almost gone! I cannot believe that the first decade of the 21st century is over! Y2k seems like it was a few days ago, not a decade. That was a silly time. I guess now we have to wait and see what 2012 brings right?

With the end of the year, we all think about what has happened in the past year? What did I do with my life? And I did NOT complete all my resolutions so I will do them next year (and we all know that they are the same resolutions for 2008, 2007, etc.) But I do have to say that 2009 was awesome!! I am not sure if I can label it the best 12 month period of my life but I do know that I was able to accomplish several things.

On the streets of Dublin, Ireland.

So what does 2009 stand for me? 2009 stands for completion of my student teaching, which I feared from day one of college. 2009 stands for Bachelors Degree (fInAlLy!-can I get a Hallelujah?)!! 2009 stands for 5 wonderful months exploring Germany and other European countries, experiencing a view of life from across the pond! 2009 also stands for learning to recycle, travel on trains, protests, language barrier, helpful people, and schitzel! 2009 stands for steady weight (until the last week). 2009 stands for horrible market for new teachers and several applications.

As I reminisce about the past year it gives me chills to think that 12 months ago I was planning my trip to Germany. I seriously wish that I could have a "Groundhog Day" movie script for my life that goes from January 19th, 2009-June 2nd, 2009. Without replaying a few days, it was a time that I would relive without hesitation. But we all know that we cannot live in the past. And of course, we cannot control the future. But we can definitely plan and carry out our plans the best we can.

Our Pre-made Gingerbread house.

So with 2009 walking out the door, what do I look forward to in 2010? Don't worry I am not here to write down my "goals" for 2010 but I do want to express my "hopes" for 2010 (just a few). 2010 - Get a FULL TIME job! And hopefully it will be a teaching position. Gotta put that hard college work and degree into action! 2010 - Take and pass the AEPA test for the middle school social studies endorsement. Yep, I want to teach history! 2010 - Read some more books on my list that keeps growing every day. I do not read all the time but I know I should read more than I watch. 2010 - Learn a little bit of Spanish (comes in handy these days). 2010 - The last I will list, and it may sound silly but I hope to stay in better contact with friends and family and NOT via electronics. Maybe via phone, but not via texting. I just sense a little bit more personal connections are necessary.

With all that said, I truely hope all of you have a wonderful welcoming experience with 2010. And to make you think, is it "two thousand ten" or "twenty-ten"...

Christmas Day we got to visit my Brother-in-Law at the fire department where he works.

No comments: