Sunday, June 7, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

It's official. I am back on Taylor ground trying not to be blown away. I am excited but at the same time sad that my adventure is over. And then on top of it a little stressed due to the job market for teachers. Amazing to think that when I started college there was a shortage of 2500 teachers in AZ. I'm just a little bit mad about it but life is life. I'll work through this...


I am adjusting to being back in AZ especially when it comes to the heat and landscape. Just to give you an idea here is a comparison...





Hmm, do I really have to tell you what pic is where? - "I love my Arizona" and its so 'unique' from other places, especially Germany or any European land. Gotta love it.

I do have to express my relief of once I landed at least in Atlanta it was nice to know I was back on U.S. soil. Nothing like knowing you are back in your home country. I was able to read all the signs, listen to conversations, flirt with the customs guy - just great! Oh and if I needed to order something, I knew exactly how to say it and I didn't get a "uh what did you say?" look from the server. Oh and to have my car back!!!!! To go where I want to go is one of the best feelings in the world. My only problem is that I guess I forgot how to get to my brother's house because I had to take a little detour. Good thing my sister was right behind me. And I also had trouble getting gas yesterday. "Select payment, put the nozzle in the tank first, press grade and then pump." Was a hard concept for me yesterday but I was really tired okay?!

Well, I am back and moving on to hopefully better things like a job!! BRING IT ON!

2 comments:

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Arizona is it's own kind of 'beauty!' I'm glad you had such a great time. Good luck with the Job.

B! said...

ha i totally understand how you felt!