Sunday, May 3, 2009

Frankfurt Temple and Mespelbrunn Castle

"I love to see a temple..." and yesterday I saw Frankfurt, Germany temple. I must start with thanking Sister Gardner for taking me there. It was on my list of "castles" to see here in Germany and I am grateful that I was able to check it off my list. The peaceful feeling of being in a House of the Lord was a vacation from everday life. The pressure of this and that have been hard and it's been harder the last few days so I needed a break. But going to the temple only testified to me that I must work to do my part more. I've made a new resolution (doesn't have to be new year's right?) to attend more. I really don't have an excuse, especially when I get back to AZ. So there you have it; hold me to it!

Side view of the Frankfurt, Germany temple.

Sister Sadler, Sister Gardner, and Me (little ones are Corbin and Landen)

What temple is not complete with Nature's beauty surrouding it?

One the way home we found a jewel in the countryside: Mespelbrunn Castle. It's not Neuschwanstein but it is still a very charming castle. I might have just been on a spiritual high but I really do think that this is one of the most beautiful castles I have seen. Nothing really fancy but with the beauty of the structure and the elegance of the landscape it was very charming. (I just was waiting for Prince Charming to come out. He must have been out hunting...) The tall tower is the oldest part of the castle built in 1500 or so. The royal family that lived there had 22 children!!

Enchanting Mespelbrunn; just makes me want to dance

Photographer's Paradise
View from the courtyard towards the lake


My "College Senior" Pic

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are beautiful pictures! And that castle does look like Prince Charming should be riding his white horse around!:) You look gorgeous by the way... love the dress, love the hair!!:)

Lorraine said...

You're a beautiful young lady and a very special one too!!! Where in the world is that Prince Charming? He doesn't know what he's missing. Love you - MOM

Brittany said...

I am so jealous that you found a pretty castle! I go to go and do baptisms in the Frankfurt temple. The nice little people asked me if I wanted to do it in English or German. I let them do it in German. It was amazing!

Devin and Melinda said...

Breathtaking! What fun places to visit! I am glad you are taking a lot of pictures!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Looks like SO much FUN! Wish I could be touring these places with you! How come Americans don't make buildings like that? When do you come back stateside?

the cates said...

Wow Steph! I am so jealous. It must be so much fun to go over there and see all those fun things! How much longer are you there?