Friday, May 29, 2009

Bitter Sweet

I must officially post that I have completed my adventures at Rainbow Elementary School in Ansbach, Germany. I'm speechless due to the wonderful friendships and time I have had at this school. The staff, students, parents -- all are wonderful.

I am wondering if I get "extra credit" for the last few days. Due to an unexpected turn of events I did end up in the classroom the last few days. But it wasn't your typical school day - I did my first 'international' event. Today we were able to invite German students to the school and somewhat introduce them to how our school system runs. (We were fortunate to visit their school about 2 months ago.) I hope I did a good job in making them feel welcome at our school. It is hard when you have 39 or 58 students at one time in 1 classroom (yeah don't tell the fire marshal please) and when only half of them understand you. I really didn't feel overwhelmed but it was definitely challenging.

It is hard to believe that I will be gone in less than 72 hours! Germany is FaBuLoUs!! I highly recommend traveling here. It has been a blessing to get ot know such wonderful people and get to benefit from their hospitality. Memories has been formed and cemented (Germans will like that since they are pretty proud of their cement).

That's all for now. Just wanted to give word on my day I guess. :)

1 comment:

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Dear Stephie:

What an incredible adventure...thanks so much for sharing it with us....we can't wait to see you....do you have a German accent???

Love,
Aunt Marilee