Sunday, March 15, 2009

Black Hawk and Shanooks

A few weeks back I finally had the opportunity to go to Katterbach base and see some of the helicopters there. Mrs. Wilson, who is one of my cooperative teachers, her husband is a medical pilot and he was nice enough to let me tour his hanger.


Pic 1: Shanook helicopter - this helicopter is big enough to transport vehicles. This one is an older helicopter and probably flew in Vietnam. Besides being big, it was big on smell. The shanook smelled like sweaty dudes. (Hayliegh and Alyn, Mrs. Wilson's daughters in the pic with me.)


Pic 2: Now that I climbed in how do I get out? The apparatuses in the middle of the plane are the gurneys for the injured. The bed swirves around in a circle. (Dustin, Mrs. Wilson's hubby)



Pic 3: I always have wanted to get a pilots license (and that's no lie). But I don't know if I could ever remember what all the buttons do. Luckily the ejection button didn't work...j/k

1 comment:

Unknown said...

u cannot spell, would u like me to donate a dictionary