Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Go Nurnberg Red Devils!!

I can officially say that I have been to a Deutsch Fussball game!! And it was more than I expected - and I was expecting a lot. The crowd was crazy and the game was exciting. Not to mention Mr. Young, my cooperative teacher winning 100 euros at half time. You want the story? Here goes...

Mr. Young is a fan! He played soccer, his kids play soccer, he watches, breathes, eats, and sleeps soccer. (Not to tattle but he was watching the draw for some cup today during class.) Anyways, Mr. #1 FCN fan has season tickets for the Nuremberg Red Devils and since he won the opportunity to have dinner with some player he was nice enough to give his tickets to Jess and I. I really have nothing to complain since the tickets where front row. Excellent view of everything! Did I mention front row??


Yep, that is my best pic wouldn't you say?! I must mention that I am glad that I have a black coat and gray scarf otherwise I would have felt out of place. I would say 99.9999999% of the clothing in that stadium was red, black, or white. They have team spirit beyond what you would think is even possible! (Lobos could learn a little bit from them. Sorry to say but you all know its true.) Here are a few more pics from the game...

Team warming up.


"Flag ceremony" as players were announced and entered the field.
I say those flags had to be heavy.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Germans favor soccer over football??!! Not to mention this was the 'fan' area. The area has no seats, just cement stairs and this section cheered and sang the whole game. The sound was absolutely awesome! (I only wish I knew the words so I could have joined the party.)

We did win the game! Not bad for the first game of the season. The best part of the game was when it started to snow. It topped off the night.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so jealous. We never got to do anything that cool! Sigh. I want to go back!

Hanie said...

I recommend coming back. It has been the best time of my life!