Sunday, August 3, 2008

DAWN has BROKEN



Okay, I know I wasn't the only one out there that was psyched to have the final book of the Twilight Saga published. I only became a fan of Twilight at the beginning of the summer because before then I really had no time for 'recreational' reading. Thanks to Deb who insisted I read the books, I have been entertained this summer (along with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law). Anyways, I was a 'Twilighter' that attended a "Breaking Dawn Party" at Barnes and Noble. It was fun and I made a shirt with my sis Heather and friend Debbie to wear to the party. (No we were not crazy enough to dress up in a prom dress or vampire outfit, definitely not that crazy). Here's a pic of us showing off our newly acquired shirts.

The party was fun. We spent over an hour doing the trivia. Of course we didn't win anything but we sure got the book. I was actually the last one to purchase a book that night (long story) and I am definitely glad that I purchased it. The story is very INTENSE!! If you have not read the books and need some good reading I highly recommend the saga. Stephenie Meyer's is simply put - a GENIUS!! (I also recommend "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer).

6 comments:

Deb N Stu said...

That was the most fun night I had in a really long time. Thanks for the fun memories!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

YAY!! I'm glad there were other crazy people out there like us that stayed up to get the book! I almost wish I was out there with you guys. . .the atmosphere was very different out here for the party. .. but we were wearing our shirts proudly as well! What do yours say? I couldn't see it in the picture! I LOVED LOVED LOVED the book! It wasn't like anything I expected, and of course I bawled a few times in it!! Can't wait to talk more. . .oh yeah, did we hear about Europe yet? :)

Aunt Bec said...

What, no prom dress! I don’t blame you at all. I didn’t actually do a party, and I haven’t read the book, but definitely on my list of things to do. Several of my young women are dying to have me read it, but I haven’t had any time. I have a youth conference this weekend and then school starts on Wednesday, I am hoping I can read it Sunday-Tuesday! What do you think? Cute shirts by the way!

Devin and Melinda said...

Hey! I haven't gotten into those books as of yet, but I have several cousins that were partying just before the book came out too....waiting to buy it. I am glad that you are blogging now so that it will be easier to keep in touch...theoretically. I am glad you are doing well and that you are almost done with school!!

Devin and Melinda said...

Oh, we decided to stay in our apartment for a while longer, but we bought a shed....which helped out a lot. The housing market is just too crazy right now!!!
We swim at my friends pool who lives just down the street. She lives alone and hardly uses her pool so she is thrilled when we use it. She is in our ward and tries to sit by us every Sunday so that she can hold Kindsey. Works for us!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Stephanie!!! How are you?! I saw your blog on the Snowflake High School website. I just thought I would drop by and say hi!
Jennifer (Ellerman) Ellsworth