Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The first of many (hopefully)

At the request of several people, I decided to dive into the life of a blogger. I cannot guarantee that it will be exciting (I only live in Taylor so only so much can happen) but I cannot guarantee that it will be boring. Its what life gives me. For those who read this and want to know what I am up to keep reading...Right now my life is open to any possibility. (Except maybe participating in the 2008 summer olympics in Beijing. I think qualifying is over but who knows maybe 2012 will be my year.) Actually I am living a 'free' life right now because school is on break and I am taking a break from a job for the summer. This past year I substituted and boy was it an experience. I ended up being the FACS teacher (cooking) at Snowflake Junior High for the last semester. Yep, teenagers and knives! Only one kid cut herself so I think it was successful. Whether or not those kids can cook anything besides ramen now, I don't know.

Starting in August I will be starting the FINAL semester of College! I am almost done and I thank all those who have been with me and supported me throughout the VERY LONG process of getting my bachelors degree in Elementary Ed. I will be doing my student teaching in January and I hope to have the great privilege of doing it in Europe on an American military base. (Long story, can give more details later).

2 comments:

Zonnie said...

Steph!! Yahoo for you! I am so jealous of you! It sounds like you have some great things ahead! Blair (the hubby) just started working for University of Phx so I will be able to take classes for 80% off! Now maybe I can afford to follow in your footsteps! I too would like to get my teaching degree. I will be contacting you for tips along the way!!

lynell said...

Awesome sunset Hanie, you should be a photographer!