Friday, March 6, 2009

Munich Part II

I love these moments when I can't do schoolwork and I get to tell you all how things are going. I am still LOVING Germany!! The sun has been shining for a few days now but we have another storm coming in tonight. I'm thawing as we speak from the walk home from the train. But back to the adventures in Munich...

At the Olympic Park we were able to go to the top of the TV tower. If you remember Jessica and I were with our German tour guide, Tinno a.k.a. German Matt Damon, and a few other guys. One of the guys were dying to go see if you could go to the top of the tower and oh by George you could!! Oh did I mention it was 190 m high!! Luckily there was an elevator and it traveled 7 m per second. The elevator was definitely fast!! At the top we were able to look out at the Olympic park and Munich itself. Wonderful view! Lucky for you, I took pictures so see for yourself.

I think this is BMW headquarters. Just a guess from the big "BMW" on the roof. (Just kidding I know for sure-even went inside.)

Tennis courts at Olympia Park.
Well after heading touring the park we headed back to Marienplatz where we left our fellow Americans and tour guide. Shortly after we said goodbye to dear old Munich. I do hope to go back because there is still a lot to see. Uhmm, maybe next weekend?



No comments: